Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

More Metal Work - Fabrication

Just when I thought all the metal shavings were cleaned up, I noticed I forgot to drill some holes:
  • Power Switch
  • Fuse holder
  • AC inlet (grommet/strain relief)
  • Speaker output (1/4" female mono)
  • mounting holes for circuit boards
All of the above just happen to be somewhat important to the overall project. I had to drill some holes for the wiring entering the chassis, so I took advantage of the time to drill all the other holes needed. I am fairly certain that I have (NOW) taken care of any holes or metalwork that need to be attended to. As I type this, the cleaned panels and chassis are drying - I intend to cover them with a quick coat of flat paint, just to make the project look more homogeneous.

While drilling the last of the holes, I marked and drilled holes for an extra power transformer, if needed, to supply extra current for the tube filaments. I am uncertain that the power transformer I have will be adequate for all the tubes in the circuit. Tomorrow I will wire all the heaters up and do a quick test of any voltage drops/excess current. I have spare tube sockets that will allow me to perform this test.

Here are some pictures of tonight's mess:





5PM-9:15PM (4.5HRS)

No comments:

Post a Comment