Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Painted Chassis, Heater Voltage Testing

Black painted chassis - $1 generic flat black spray paint. The sun was out long enough for the paint to stick, even if it is a California winter.





I mounted the back with 6-32 machine screws and star washers to "dig" into the chassis metal, making a good ground connection. The 6-32 threads sticking up into the inside of the chassis also lets me install terminal strips, should I need them.

I also tested the tube filament voltage with the power transformer I am using for this project, to determine if there will be any large drop. I had old tube sockets that I wired up together, on the respective filament pins. 2 7591 output tubes and 4 12a_7 type tubes. I measured around 7VAC with all tubes installed. Looks good. Now I can install the sockets I intend to use, and wire up the amp.




7PM-9:30PM (2.5HRS)

No comments:

Post a Comment